Here is a quick summary
- Episode 46 of Astrotalkuk on my podcast has about my book, audio and video testimony from those who saw and met him.
- Follow @YuriGagarin50 for a series of tweets over 5 days starting tomorrow at (11th July) at 10:29 when Gagarin arrived at London Heathrow exactly 50 years ago. @YuriGagarin50 will follow in his footsteps matching his itinerary in London and Manchester.
- 12th July – details uncertain – Manchester International airport Airport is unveiling a plaque to commemorate Gagarin’s arrival. Contact press office 0161 489 2705
- 13:00 -14:00 on 12th July Manchester Town Hall. A small gathering of those who met Gagarin in Manchester. This event is by invitation only. Contact 0161 234 3311
- Yuri Gagarin Exhibition in Sale, Manchester is still open. An introductory talk is planned for the evening of the 12th July.
- 7pm 12th July Science Museum in London Memories of my father.Natalya Koroleva, daughter of Sergei Korolev, Chief Designer of the Soviet Missile and Space Programmes, talks about her father’s incredible achievements.
- 7pm 13th July Science Museum in London Sergei Krikalev will be joined by Helen Sharman, his crew mate and the first Briton in space, and will share experiences of missions on the Soyuz and Shuttle spacecraft and his record breaking stays aboard the International and Mir Space Stations.
- 14th July London unveiling of a Yuri Gagarin statue outside the British Council office in London. followed by a reception in the evening.
- From 23rd July – Peggy and the Spaceman is going to be produced as part of the Manchester 24:7 Theatre Festival. Facebook page here
- Talking of anniversary’s.. Apollo15 was launched on 26th July 1971. Al Worden’s biography is published later this month http://www.facebook.com/