Established in 2008, Astrotalkuk.org is a not for profit website/blog on astronomy, space and my writing. In line with my interest this blog now occasionally includes some posts associated with cybersecurity.
This is a free nonauthoritative educational resource for anyone with an interest. This site has no ads, subscriptions and you do not need to login to access the content. For a monthly newsletter – subscribe here.
Gurbir Singh is a UK based space writer. His professional background is in the IT sector as a Senior Cyber Security Consultant for a large IT company. He studied science and computing and holds a science and an arts degree. Once keen on aviation, he has a private pilot’s licence for the UK, USA and Australia. He was one of 13,000 unsuccessful applicants responding to the 1989 advert in the UK “Astronaut wanted. No experience necessary” to become the first British astronaut, for which Helen Sharman was eventually selected and flew on the Soviet space station MIR in 1991
In 2011, Gurbir published his first book, Yuri Gagarin in London and Manchester. The book traces the visit of the world’s first spaceman’s visit to England with first-hand accounts from the people who saw and met him. His second book, The Indian Space Programme published in October 2017, is a detailed (600+pages) and illustrated account of India’s space programme, its current capabilities, and achievements and future ambitions.
His new book “Stephen H Smith” India’s forgotten Rocket Mail Pioneer will be available from March 2019.
On social media, he can be found at
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/astrotalkuk/id280292011
In the media
- 10 July 2020. Interplanetary Podcast. India’s Forgotten Rocket Pioneer.
- 19 June 2020. New Space India Podcast. India’s Forgotten Rocket Pioneer.
- Mars 2020. Spacewalks and Money Talks – Audio Interview
- 7 Sep 2019 SpaceJam Bangalore-Youtube video. Recorded at We Work, Galaxy, Bangalore.
- 5 Sep 2019 Episode 6 on Newspace India Podcast. Recorded at the Takhsishila Institution in Bangalore.
- 20 February 2019. Xtended Internet Radio Programme. Interviewed by Pieter Johnson and Tim Robinson. Audio podcast.
- 31 January 2019. Interplanetary Podcast. Part 2. Interviewed by Matthew Russell Audio podcast.
- 13 January 2019. The Space Snow. Interviewed by Dr David Livingston Audio podcast
- 13 December 2018. Interplanetary Podcast. Part 1. Interviewed by Matthew Russell Audio podcast
- 17/07/2018: The Planetary Society – How India built NavIC, the country’s own GPS network
- 11 March 2018. Talat Farooq Awan. BBC Radio Manchester. Audio on Youtube.
- 9 May 2018 Interview on Pothi.com
- 20 April 2018. Self Publishing podcast. Interviewed by Paul Teague. Audio podcast. Scroll down to the bottom to for the player.
- 31/03/2014: The Space Review – Prospects for the Indian human spaceflight program