Well guess what? In the early hours of this morning the air control body extended the non-emergency flight restrictions to 19:00 this evening (I expect that to be extended). Consequently, Ken Willoughby has informed me that Ed Mitchell’s visit will not take place today.
The visit will be rescheduled and details will be published once finalised. In the meantime, some interesting links.
- An ESA animation of the ash cloud over Europe.
- Radar image from flightglobal,com of one lonely plane in UK air space this morning
- Dramatic pictures of volcanic eruption. Here’s another apparently from the farmer of owns *this* farm in Iceland.
- Ash cloud predictions from the metoffice
- http://www.flightradar24.com/ shows live air traffic information. Ironically, too many users and I could not connect!
Leave a Reply